16 July 2010

openSUSE 11.3

Yesterday our friends from the Romanian openSUSE community launched their new 11.3 version with a party in Bucharest (they also have today a more formal event in the city of Alba Iulia, but that is too far). Of course we were invited... bad mistake since they were easy to be outnumbered and guys like me and Adrian used the opportunity to wear our Fedora T-shirts.

opensuse 11.3 opensuse 11.3

Overall it was a nice event with cool people, good talks (unfortunately for them I think we talked more about Fedora than openSUSE), fun time and cold beers.
opensuse 11.3

Still, I am not sure I will get invited a second time: in addition of wearing that T-shirt, yesterday was the day I brought from office to home my newly purchased airsoft toy and had it with me to the amusement of the audience, who couldn't stop playing with it:
opensuse 11.3

I also had my funny and noise making stuffed hand, which also was a real attraction:
opensuse 11.3

And of course I couldn't miss my laptop holding a copy of the wet Fedora T-shirt photo session (can someone enlighten me why the girls seems to like those photos even more than the guys? not that the guys don't like them, by the opposite!):
opensuse 11.3

So what can I say more? I like the event and hope will be invited to the next one too (I promise will not bring the same toys again).
opensuse 11.3

Photos from the event are available in our (Romanian Fedora community) gallery.

PS: For reference here is how we party at Fedora (a couple of months ago for F13) - beer at the wheel, this is a large round plate in the form of a caravan wheel, holding 11 glasses of beer at the price of 10:
fedora 13

5 comments:

  1. Incredibil... fete la o petrecere de Linuxisti? Sunt inchiriate cu ora?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous: citusi de putin... 3 dintre ele erau partenerele unor participanti iar a 4-a e prietena cu mine. Si au mai fost inca doua care nu au resusit sa ajunga.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh heh Fedora release party crasher crew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @mairin: they also came to our release party, but we are bigger, stronger and better motivated: http://forum.fedoraproject.ro/gallery/displayimage.php?album=40&pos=1110

    ReplyDelete
  5. @mairin - Fedora Takeover Squad :)
    @nicu - Cioby was great !!!!

    ReplyDelete