09 August 2010

FLOSSCamp 2010

I am back home after FLOSSCamp 2010 and swamped with work, having to prepare a lot of content, photos and videos, since many communities are waiting for them (mostly the photos only). So long story short, here are the photos, enjoy them.

Now short story long, we left Bucharest as a group from 3 communities, RLUG, Ceata and Fedora:

flosscamp

Here we meet the people from SbLUG, who arrived early and settled the camp location, it was a good location.
flosscamp

After we placed the tents I disturbed the event (again) by getting out my (in)famous toys and everybody started to play with them:
flosscamp

When the light dimmed, we moved to the nearby chalet for a good dinner and fun time, with music and dance, until late in the night. Sometime over the top (funny to see geeks dancing)
flosscamp

We went to sleep around 1 am, passed a night under a heavy rain with wind, lightning and thunders (my tent resisted well) only to wake-up for one of the most beautiful forest lights I ever saw (hmmm... I guess I should send it as a supplementar wallpaper proposal:
flosscamp

After a late breakfast (so many overslept and lost that magic morning light...) we went for a little walk in the forest, eating a lot of berries (raspberries and blackberries) and playing to a creek
flosscamp flosscamp

And return just in time for a bowl of spicy community goulash (apparently the cook's speciality):
flosscamp

Once more I showed my evil side, then people tried an afternoon nap and I destroyed it taking out the toys again, I am definitely evil and probably I am going to be banned from community meetings :D
flosscamp

Later we had a few formal presentations, I did catch a couple of them: Open High School and Fii Liber and missed at least another one (can't blame me, I was busy taking photos and such).
flosscamp

After the dinner we moved around a camp fire and talked until late in the night (2 AM, IIRC, when the false alarm of another rain scared us)
flosscamp

In the morning the weather was gloomier, so we sat next to the fire more and talked about community structure with people from openSUSE România and Ubuntu România.
flosscamp

We took the obligatory group photos (unfortunately after some people left, she should have done this one day before):
flosscamp
flosscamp

While everybody was packing I had my tome to get crazy and embarrass myself (like I care!):
flosscamp

And we returned home (not before a last rounds of beers, of course)
flosscamp

See you next year!

9 comments:

  1. Lots of girls! Any single ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "Fii liber" talk was presented on a VistaVista laptop?
    (I call W7 VistaVista.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dan: yeah, more of us noticed this... the laptop was left from a presentation before, by RadGs I believe. I was in the camp arguing this is an offline event and we don't need projectors and laptops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure as hell should submit that photo! It would look amazing as a wallpaper...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Fab: I submited it the other day already

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of us use wide screens and lack gimp skillz...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Cioby: ask and you shall receive: http://nicubunu.ro/pictures/magic-forest-wide.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like a fabolous experience :)

    How about a balkan-wide FLOSSCamp 2011 ?

    I could use some old-skool-craze-Nicu :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pierros, that would be really cool. WTF, this is Europe, there are no problems going from one country to another, next year we may invite everyone.
    And you know what? this is a free event, organized entirely by the community (a bit like FOSDEM), so you don't have to pay anything to participate: only the travel and the food/drinks you want (we all had backpacks with *some* food inside, to make the costs lighter). And pay for lodging *only* if you prefer the chalet instead of the tents.

    ReplyDelete