18 July 2011

Clipart spotting: 2D Photography

Not sure how many of my readers remember how excited I was half a year ago when I spotted on YoutTube one of my clipart images being used by the Marina (very few probably know she did it again and again and she even blogged about it - awesome!). Today is one of those days again: a friend of mine wanted to make my day brighter by showing a funny photography-related Rube Goldberg machine and watching it I spotted something familiar: go to the 3:21 minute and notice a little cardboard rocket moving... it is my Public Domain rocket clipart, part of my free clipart collection, an image for which I even wrote an Inkscape tutorial.

clipart spotting

Not sure about the total number of views, but only on YouTube the video has over 430.000 views so far, so I guess I made the world a tiny bit better. Then why do I feel so crappy?

7 comments:

  1. I guess because there is a logical leap between number of views and the quality of the world.

    I mean would the world be real perfect if we all start watching YouTube 24/7?

    I hope that answers your question and makes your problem a tiny bit smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it would be perfect if you all would be watching my stuff 24/7 :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are alone dude...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't need to write code to get the satisfaction that comes from providing useful stuff that others use. Artist contributions are just as valuable as coders (often much more!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just remembered another video they used to show new employees of an IT company :-D

    http://youtu.be/d-sV-O2-jCY

    ReplyDelete
  6. and the point is, Anonymous?

    ReplyDelete
  7. GOTO http://nicubunu.blogspot.com/2011/07/clipart-spotting-2d-photography.html?showComment=1310997535770#c6528313000950128866

    ReplyDelete