The deadline for Round 1 of Fedora 9 theme submission was a couple of days ago, on January 8. Round 1 in intended to gather concepts, so do not expect polished graphics, only sketches and ideas.
Here is what we get so far (as required, the proposals with a formal mailing list introduction and wiki page), listed chronologically:
- CODE 9TO9, by Jiri Jakub Masek, a theme based on one line drawn 9 pointed star, endless, cyclic, algorithm 9483726159;
- Freedom, by Michael Beckwith, following the motto of Infinity Freedom Voice that Fedora uses, and with Fedora 8 using Infinty, it propose Freedom, supplying some other ways that Freedom could be represented;
- Waves, by Martin Sourada, "Waves could symbolize infinity, freedom, voice, ..."
- Night, by Mola Pahnadayan;
- Electric Sphere, by Mola Pahnadayan;
- At Last, by Andrew Healey, the image of a person with their arms thrown up in triumph having symbolism that ties directly to the Fedora ideals and also with the feeling that using a human image in the theme helps personalize Fedora;
- Shoowa, by Luya Tshimbalanga, a raffia cloth textile from the Kuba, a people from the central Democratic Republic of Congo, bringing the diversity of the Fedora community through the use of art from different cultures.
Thoughts? Comments? Praises? Compllaints? Any kind of feed-back?