12 November 2008

Keep Internet Explorer?

I never saw such a button on a website in the modern age (after the "e;Browser Wars") so I wonder who and why... get serious, "KEEP INTERNET EXPLORER"... someone still the worst browser on the face of the earth? What's this, a manifestation of the Stockholm syndrome?

keep internet explorer


Easy to understand why I obfuscated the URL, I don't want to drive any traffic to such a website, but it is in Romanian and the text say "This site is optimized for Internet Explorer. Vor visitors using Firefox, we recommend at least the version 2.0.0.16"

3 comments:

  1. maybe they want to say "keepkilling iexplorer"

    and save the web with webkit/ffx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot stand how my site looks different in IE. Why don't they (MS) follow the standards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thomas, I understand your question is rhetoric, but I'll venture with an answer for the occasional reader stumbling here: MS behaviour is a remaining from the "Browser Wars" and their "embrace and extend" corporate culture.

    ReplyDelete