22 October 2008

Denied By Reign

denied by reign


Jono Bacon announced the Denied By Reign, the first Severed Fifth release under a Creative Commons license. Free metal, I had do download it and keep the torrent seeding, even if there are few downloaders (it seems like I wont' get to a 1 or 1.5 share ratio anytime soon).

About the music, while it is not exactly my genre of metal, it is metal and is not bad, but the most important: it is freely licensed, so I have something to use as a soundtrack for my future screencasts (unless the releases from NIN, where the NC clause is a deal breaker) ... now it PiTiVi would be useful enough for joining the audio and video tracks and for adding the credit screen required by the license (Attribution).

2 comments:

  1. I've never imagined you as a metalhead, even if you do have long hair. What kind of metal do you like? What bands? Tell us more :)
    I'll definitely listen to this free album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am more into symphonic metal and power metal. I blogged recently about Rhapsody of Fire, so evidently I like them, I like Nightwish and so on.
    But I am not exactly a metalhead, I just enjoy metal.

    ReplyDelete